Boys & Girls Club of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County Mission:
Our mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
Are you a natural born storyteller who can share our mission with investors?
Role Purpose and Summary
The Director of Resource Development works with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals.
- Active participation in the development and implementation of a Resource Development Plan with the Executive Director and the Resource Development Committee of the Board of Directors. Review and update the plan at least annually.
- Develop strategic partnerships with corporations, businesses, and individuals in the Club’s service area.
- Provide leadership in the area of resource development to the Board of Directors and Resource Development Committee.
- Develop appeal letters, thank you letters, and agency information correspondence to investors and supporters.
- Identify and cultivate major individual donors and direct their solicitations.
- Direct efforts to design a program to identify, cultivate, and solicit investments from individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
- Engage in all fundraising events/activities.
- Plan solicitation strategies with the Executive Director to meet budgeted annual giving targets.
- Develop, maintain, and increase the donor database to promote cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
- Write grant proposals and monitor processes and outcomes with Club Unit Directors.
- Assist in the development of the Club’s annual budget as it relates to resource development.
Internal: Maintain contact the Executive Director, other staff, and the Board of Directors as required.
External: Maintain contact with potential and current investors, corporate and businesses partners, public relations and marketing professionals, and other community groups.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- 4-Year College Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and be part of a team
- Resource and business development experience in areas of donor relations, gift solicitations, grant writing, and annual fundraising campaigns
- Public relations and marketing expertise
- Budgeting and computer skills, including knowledge of database operations and spreadsheet software
- Social media skills
- Proven ability to raise money and meet agreed-upon financial targets